Zoey has really taken to blogging. She asked me to help her create a blog just for and about her and other canines. She says she wants to spotlight dogs like her. So there is no time like the present to start the New Year off with www.Zoeytherescue.blogspot.com


Zoey wants to remind you that there are tons of animals that need a FUREVER home. Also shelters need donations not only monetary but many other items too. She says to take in consideration that there are lots of humans who donate to wonderful, much-needed causes to help humans but there is not enough humans that donate to help save animals.


Disclaimer: All content provided on this blog is for informational/entertainment purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link.


Saturday, March 15, 2014

My first training session

OMG, this guy let all my tricks out of the bag!

This was my second time meeting Mr. Jeff.  Besides being a dog trainer, he owns a holistic pet care and supply store called Paradise Pet, Inc. You can visit him at his store, which is located at 48 West Passaic Ave in Bloomfield, NJ. He is a good guy and he does a lot of great work assisting my breed to find loving furever homes, plus educating people about us. You can check him out at:

·         www.pittyrescue.com 
·         Facebook:  Jeff Coltenback or Pitty Rescue
·         www.paradisepet.net

He may be a good guy but I didn't appreciate all the lessons he was teaching Mama and Dad. I am going to have a hard time pulling the wool over their eyes. (Why would I want to put a sweater on Mama’s eyes? Humans have very unusual sayings.) Hopefully, I will be able to display a bad manner once in a while. I will do my best to try and contain myself though.

Mr. Jeff showed my parents how to walk me while keeping me close to them; how to let up on the lead when they want to give me some sniff time; and how to administer corrections while we are on our walks. Mama and Dad practiced with me today.

I haven’t been upfront and personal with any dogs since I moved in with my new family. Today, I experienced my closes encounter with one.  Maggie and her dad were gracious to work with us to help Mr. Jeff show Mama and Dad what to do when I am confronted by a four-legged creature. Boy, my anxiety level was running high; so was Maggie’s. It turned out to be a worthwhile trial. Maggie and I aren’t friends yet, but we didn’t hurt each other during the meet and greet. As Mama would say, “we made progress!”

Mr. Jeff explained to my parents that they are the leaders, not me. Ouch, did that hurt to hear! He gave Mama and Dad a lot of tips to help maintain alpha status in our family.

Mama enforces in me that good manners is a must. The three of us will be practicing our manners and leadership skills.

I hope if you see me around I won’t alarm you. I really am a love bug.

Wish us luck!

Woof, woof, till later...
Zoey


No comments:

Post a Comment