Zoey has really taken to blogging. She asked me to help her create a blog just for and about her and other canines. She says she wants to spotlight dogs like her. So there is no time like the present to start the New Year off with www.Zoeytherescue.blogspot.com


Zoey wants to remind you that there are tons of animals that need a FUREVER home. Also shelters need donations not only monetary but many other items too. She says to take in consideration that there are lots of humans who donate to wonderful, much-needed causes to help humans but there is not enough humans that donate to help save animals.


Disclaimer: All content provided on this blog is for informational/entertainment purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link.


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Zoe or Zoey

December 12, 2013

Mama's house guest (that is me) is feeling more comfortable. The first night (Tuesday, Dec 10) I slept in my crate (I feel so safe there). I didn't say a peep. I was able to keep myself quiet until Mama entered the kitchen the next morning.

My previous foster mom told my new sister, Danielle, that I would probably cower in a corner for a few days until I get my bearings. I don't know about that because I get good vibes from this house.

The following night I was already feeling more at home and I really didn't want to sleep in my crate. I just couldn't keep quiet like the first night. I had to release a few whimpers before quieting down to sleep. After all, a girl has to try to get the upper hand. It didn't work; Mama stayed strong.

Mama says my ears are like Sierra's She says she can visualize how Laura would playfully bite Sierra's ears. She knows Laura would have done the same with my silky ears. I don't know anything about Laura or Sierra but I think one was Mama's human daughter and the other her furry daughter.

My name was Eris (Ancient Greek meaning "Strife"). Mama looked it up on the laptop and she started to frown. Eris was a Greek goddess of chaos, strife, and discord. Her name is translated into Latin as Discordia, which means "discord." Yikes, Mama didn't like the sound of my name and now she dislikes it even more. She was ranting...who would give me such a name? She says she is going to call me Zoe or Zoey (she isn't sure how she is going to spell it). Zoe is another Greek name, which means "life." She said this is an appropriate name for me since my sister saved me from a kill shelter and brought me here. Sometimes Mama talks like she is keeping me although she says she doesn't know what she is going to do with me. She tells Dad that I am so sweet and I am playing havoc on her heart. I did hear her tell Dad that I will be living here for a while. That really put a smile on my snout.

Woof, woof, till later...
Zoey






No comments:

Post a Comment