Zoey has really taken to blogging. She asked me to help her create a blog just for and about her and other canines. She says she wants to spotlight dogs like her. So there is no time like the present to start the New Year off with www.Zoeytherescue.blogspot.com


Zoey wants to remind you that there are tons of animals that need a FUREVER home. Also shelters need donations not only monetary but many other items too. She says to take in consideration that there are lots of humans who donate to wonderful, much-needed causes to help humans but there is not enough humans that donate to help save animals.


Disclaimer: All content provided on this blog is for informational/entertainment purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link.


Monday, February 10, 2020

It's my birthday!


Happy Birthday to me, Happy 7th birthday to me! 

Of course, we don't know my real birthday because I am a rescue pup who became very fortunate when Danielle picked me up in a snowstorm on December 10 in upstate New York and dropped me off at her in-laws' house. Mamma and Dad celebrate my special day in February because the vet estimated I was 10 months old when I arrived at my new shelter.  At the time though, I was skeptical about me staying because I kept hearing the words "foster," "just for a short time," and "we will find a home," etc. These were not warm and fuzzy phrases and I didn't like hearing them. On top of that, Mama kept talking about her Sierra girl. For the life of me, I couldn't find another animal living in the house no matter how hard I searched. And I could not smell another dog and I know my nose was in excellent working condition!. She just kept saying all these wonderful words describing this other dog that I couldn't find.  As time went on, I realized Mama's heart was broken because her beloved Sierra passed away. She claimed Sierra was her best friend and the most amazing dog in the universe. I thought, who could ever live up to Sierra? Not me for sure.  I knew I could never replace Sierra so I didn't even try. Hey, after all, we are two different dogs and I have to be true to myself and not put so much pressure on me! After much consideration, I decided I was just going to be on my best behavior so I could convince Mama and Dad to keep me and fall in love with me. Now I am not barking any lies here, there were some trials and tribulations and there still are a few we are still working on. I never said I was a perfect pup. I am a work in progress just like humans. 

Now on my 7th birthday I can gladly say we are lucky to have each other. I keep Mamma and Dad walking a few miles per day. I bring life into the house, without me it would be so quiet. I have to admit I am one vocal canine, which I wasn't in the beginning because I didn't find my voice until I felt comfortable in my new home. I think the very best feelings in the world are love and security, which everyone needs and deserves to have in their lives. I hit the jackpot when Danielle carried me in the snow! Mama, Dad, and I  share lots of love and we protect each other. No one comes between me and my family!

Thank you Danielle💖

My new dad


Homecoming











Living the dream



2019: enjoying a nap with Mama

Yes, I do understand what you are saying. . .
but I don't want to lay on my pillow.

2019: No Dad, don't sleep!

Woof, woof till later, 
Zoey Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment