Zoey has really taken to blogging. She asked me to help her create a blog just for and about her and other canines. She says she wants to spotlight dogs like her. So there is no time like the present to start the New Year off with www.Zoeytherescue.blogspot.com


Zoey wants to remind you that there are tons of animals that need a FUREVER home. Also shelters need donations not only monetary but many other items too. She says to take in consideration that there are lots of humans who donate to wonderful, much-needed causes to help humans but there is not enough humans that donate to help save animals.


Disclaimer: All content provided on this blog is for informational/entertainment purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link.


Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Yeah, April 11 is NATIONAL PET DAY



Happy Birthday to Chris Velez!

Not only is it Chris' birthday today it is National Pet Day!

I am so grateful that Mama & Dad keep me around because I know I am not the easiest dog to live with and they didn't want another dog after Sierra crossed the Rainbow Bridge. I really do try to be on my best behavior but I have quirks that I can't get over. They continue trying to train me but I keep resisting. I think I understand why Dad often says aloud "Thank you Danielle." My sister, Danielle, is the one who drove in a snow storm to upstate New York to save me from death and dropped me off at my new home. I have happily lived here ever since. 

National Pet Day was founded in 2006 by Pet & Family Lifestyle Expert, Animal Welfare Advocate Colleen Paige, to celebrate the joy pets bring to our lives and to create public awareness about the plight of many different kinds of animals awaiting a forever home in shelters and rescues all around the globe. 


 

{A quote from our founder, Colleen Paige}

"I believe all animals are sentient beings that deserve our love and compassion...even not-so-cuddly animals like reptiles and rats. No animal should ever have to suffer, especially at the hand of humans. MILLIONS of unwanted animals perish every day, due to just that....being "unwanted". I'd like to ask animal lovers everywhere to pledge to give $5 a month to their favorite animal shelter or rescue to help support animals in need. Even if all you did was donate $1 a month, if a million people cared enough to do that, that's 12 MILLION dollars raised for shelters across the nation and most of you wouldn't even miss that dollar. Think of how much that would change the world for unwanted pets...especially if it were to become a global trend."

Woof, woof, till later, 
Zoey Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment